Hello and welcome to the website of Dr. Svetlin Krastanov!
Dr. Svetlin Krastanov is an experienced tax adviser, distinguished lecturer and award-winning author. He is a founder and owner of Tax Academy Ltd., a company specialized in tax consulting and training. This website provides details on the experience of Dr. Krastanov and the tax solutions offered by him.
Experience & Qualifications
Dr. Svetlin Krastanov worked for 10 years at the international consulting firms PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and Ernst & Young (EY) in Bulgaria and Croatia where he advised on complex tax matters multinational and local companies from various industries.
While working at EY, Dr. Krastanov advised clients mainly on the indirect tax aspects of their activities in Bulgaria. He was involved also in various other projects, including corporate taxation, transfer pricing, mergers & acquisitions, local taxes and duties. Dr. Krastanov established himself as an expert in VAT and in 2013 he worked in EY Croatia where he advised clients and delivered training to his colleagues in relation to EU Accession of Croatia and the implementation of EU VAT legislation in the country.
During his time at PwC Bulgaria, Dr. Svetlin Krastanov was a manager leading the indirect tax practice of the firm and achieved record results in various business dimensions. He had the honor of being chosen by his colleagues as the Most Helpful Colleague in the Tax & Legal Services Department of PwC Bulgaria. In addition, Dr. Krastanov was a leading lecturer on tax topics at the PwC's Academy in Bulgaria where he designed and delivered numerous open tax seminars and tailored industry focused tax training events and for all of them he was proud to receive extremely positive feedback from his clients. Dr. Svetlin Krastanov initiated and developed the concept of the PwC's Summer Tax Academy - a one week event consisting of practical tax and soft-skills training sessions for students where together with his colleagues he provided an overview of taxation and the firm.
Dr. Krastanov is a frequent lecturer on seminars/conferences and is author of many publications dedicated to taxation. He holds a PhD degree with a thesis on tax policy as well as an Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (ADIT) and several certificates awarder by the Chartered Institute of Taxation, United Kingdom. In addition, he is a holder of Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate awarded by the Project Management Institute, US.
Tax training events
Interview for BloombergTV
Interview on the future of VAT
Bulgaria: COVID-19 tax measures published in State Gazette.
Bulgaria: tax package for 2019 published in State Gazette.
Bulgaria: tax package for 2019 approved by the parliament
10 advantages of working together
1. You will work at competitive prices with a tax adviser with 10 years of experience at Big Four firms in different countries and across various industries.
2. You will work with one of the very few tax advisers in Bulgaria with a PhD degree in taxation and many other qualifications, including an Advanced Diploma in International Taxation and several certificates awarded by the Chartered Institute of Taxation, United Kingdom.
3. You can rely on 100% input from Dr. Krastanov, i.e. the work is not delegated and the highly-skilled and experienced tax adviser that you speak with is the same tax professional who is drafting and delivering your tax advice and/or your tax training.
4. You can always expect your deliverables to be provided within the agreed deadlines. In this respect, Dr. Krastanov has developed excellent project management skills and he is a Project Management Professional (PMP) certified by the Project Management Institute, US.
5. You will have an easy access to an experienced tax professional who is always ready to discuss your questions and to offer you a practical business-like solution.
6. As Dr. Krastanov provides tax services and he does not perform audit services, you will not need to worry about auditor’s independence rules and you will not be required to change your tax adviser due to mandatory auditor’s rotations.
7. Once we decide to work together, the set up is fast and easy and you will not need to wait for the completion of long and burdensome client and engagement acceptance procedures.
8. In addition to tax consulting services, Dr. Krastanov provides also industry-focused tax training. He can regularly update your team on the recent tax developments and train them so that your in-house tax knowledge and skills improve substantially.
9. As a client of Dr. Krastanov, you and your team will receive complementary access to a selection of online tax courses developed by him.
10. You will have an opportunity to receive tailor-made tax newsletters taking into account the specifics of your industry and the particular needs & requirements of your company.
Bulgaria: proposal for introduction of mandatory transfer pricing documentation